Welcome to the official website of the Master Gardeners of North Alabama
The Master Gardener’s of North Alabama, Inc. is an all volunteer, non-profit organization supported and funded by membership dues, donations, and fundraising efforts. We are an active member of the Alabama Master Gardener Association, and a fully qualified 501(c) 3 Non-profit organization.
Visit our Community Projects Page for a Complete List of Projects & Initiates | History of the Master Gardener Program and MGNA
By the Numbers:
- 2015: Madison County Volunteers: 174
- 2015: MGNA Volunteer Hours Logged into Auburn Database: 24,915.37
- 2015: 2015 Income Statement | 2015: Balance Sheet
Regular Meeting Information:
The Master Gardeners of North Alabama (MGNA) meet every 2nd Thursday of the month at 6:00PM. Please see schedule below for meeting exact locations and scheduled presenters.
MGNA MEMBERS! Be sure to check and read your MGNA emails regularly for late breaking news and announcements on all MGNA events, field trips and workshops. Each issue of our Garden Thymes newsletter also includes a calendar of upcoming events.
2016 Board Meetings:
The MGNA Executive Board meets monthly. Meetings take place from 12 – 2 PM on the Monday preceding the monthly General Meeting (see schedule, above). Meetings take place in the classroom of the Charles Stone Agricultural Center, 819 Cook Avenue, Huntsville, AL 35801.
The members of MGNA touch lives in our community by:
- Supporting and promoting best practices for home and garden via the Alabama Cooperative Extension System.
- Leading hands-on horticultural projects in Madison County, Alabama such as demonstration gardens, outdoor classrooms and beautification projectes.
- Offering Home and Garden Educational Workshops at little or no cost.
- Leading a horticulture therapy initiative, providing physical, emotional, and mentally stimulating benefits to those whose opportunities are severely limited.
- Members volunteering at the Huntsville Botanical Garden, CASA Garden, Gardening Societies and Clubs.