Interns are Master Gardeners in Training!
Individuals are considered Master Gardener Interns for the first year following their completion of the Master Gardener Training course. The intern year gives current and recent course attendees opportunities to extend their classroom learning and report the 50 hours of approved volunteer service required for Certification as an Alabama Master Gardener.
Master Gardener Intern FAQs
- Visit our projects page for a complete listing of projects of MGNA with contact details
- Of your 50 hours, 10 must be served at the Madison County Extension Office at the Master Gardener Help Desk and another 10 must be served in a garden environment; such as The Demonstration Vegetable Garden, The Morris Elementary Greenhouse, Endeavor Outdoor Classroom.
- Your first fifty hours (served as a Master Gardener Intern) are not included in your total lifetime hours as a Certified Master Gardener.
- If you need assistance with your login details, you may contact your local, MG Auburn Database Administrator by emailing Deen Rice: email@example.com
- How to enter hours in the MG Volunteer Service Site (compliments of Shoals MG, once you log into site, the process is very similar)
Mailing Lists –
Tri-County MG List — Course attendees and MG Interns are included in the Tri-County Master Gardener Distribution List, Included in this list are MGs and Interns in the Madison, Limestone and Morgan counties. Posts are about events, volunteer opportunities, society meetings and other items of general interest to Master Gardeners. The list is moderated. No solicitation of private business.
Association E-mail Lists – Depending upon the county where you reside, you may also receive e-mail notifications from your local Master Gardener Association, such as MGNA! These announcements focus on association opportunities and events. Note…to remain on this list, you need to renew your MGNA membership annually.